Saturday, January 21, 2012

Why a blog?

This is my first attempt at a blog, thought it would be a great place to post the work I do for people, also to talk about the "Helping Hands Ministry" and share some of my experiences.  As a Blue Collar working kind of guy, I go into people's homes everyday and fix, repair, cleanup, or create something new for them.  I see how people live, I am a daily witness to the kindness and generosity of people from many different cultures, various standards of living and professions.  You have the occasional grumpy butt, but (no pun intended) if you look close enough there is something behind all that and I look for an opportunity to share the Lord when I am led to do so.

There is a lot more to just being a handy guy with tools and fixing stuff.  I try to remember - no matter how lowly the job - the fact that it gets done pleases someone. - and I am able to make a living. It is all good.  So Here is my Blog - Happy Reading.