Thursday, March 1, 2012

HELPING HANDS MINISTRY

I and others are involved in a Helping Hands Ministry.  I would like to share our latest experience, I am not able to post pictures for privacy issues and respect for those who benefit from the assistance.  Recently we assisted a family in framing 2 extra rooms in the basement.  This is a family of 7 in a very small 3 bedroom home.  The rooms in the house are quite small and the kids were bunked up.  So the goal was to assist this family so the kids would have more room.  Thankfully we had lots of help, a couple of free weekends and the father knows how to hang drywall and the finish.  So we framed two rooms, moved a staircase.  By moving the stairs, it allowed more room for the rooms to be built and added more kitchen space to a very small kitchen for mom.  My hope is the father is able to follow through with the sheet rock, or call me if he needs help.  Helping Hands provided all materials including the sheet rock - I try to find free stuff on Craigslist, or left overs from jobs I do around town, and will always take donations for materials - just call me and I will arrange a pickup.  Our next project is coming up in a couple of weeks - I will keep you posted.